Medicare EHR Incentive Program
WritePad EMR is GOVERNMENT ONC-ATCB Complete EHR Certification number 12152010-1934-1; look up the complete certification here (click on Ambulatory Practice Type at link). This means you get incentive checks in the mail from the government! No waiting for the software to get certified — we are certified!
Note — Medicare eligible professionals of the following categories are eligible for the Medicare EHR Incentive Program:
- Doctor of Medicine
- Doctor of Osteopathy
- Doctor of Oral Surgery
- Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Doctor of Chiropractic
Hospital-based Medicare eligible professionals are not eligible to participate in the Medicare EHR Incentive Program. A Medicare eligible professional is considered to be hospital-based if he/she furnishes 90 percent of his or her services in a hospital inpatient or emergency room setting.
Doctors must have an enrollment record in the Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS) in order to receive Medicare EHR Incentive payment.
- Meaningful Use Certified EHR technology
- View the List of Certified Software – The Write Pad software we provide is currently at the bottom of the list. (click on Ambulatory Practice Type at link)
Incentive Payment – Time Frame
- Physicians can begin receiving incentive payments in any calendar year from 2011 to 2014.
- Payments may be received for up to 5 years, depending on the year in which the physician becomes a meaningful user of certified EHR technology.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Overview of EHR Incentive
- Download the CMS EHR Tip Sheet PDF
- Download Understanding Eligibility and Registration for EHR Incentive