Insights and Successes
Making the transition to EMR can be one of the toughest changes for an office. However, since no two practices are alike and no two patients are alike, some key factors need to be considered:
• Technical savvy of doctors and staff members
• Office layout
• Office hardware
• Software user-friendliness
• Type of patients involved
• Volume of patients seen
We suggest that you integrate the system according to your skill levels on the above mentioned items.
To make it easy:
• Begin the transition by choosing a group of patients to start with. You may want to christen the system with your Medicare or Medicaid patients first. Since the government’s stimulus plan covers those two groups, it only makes sense to start with them.
• Next, work in the personal injury and insurance patients. Finally, transition with your cash and/or financial hardship patients.
ARRA stimulus is scheduled to begin making payments to medical practices that can demonstrate Meaningful Use beginning January 1, 2011. Our Write Pad software is certified and is on the ONC approval list making you eligible to participate in the stimulus.
View the List of Certified Software. (The Write Pad software we provide is version 8.0, located at the bottom of the list.)
If you do not have the equipment necessary for EMR, contact us … we can provide web-based access to the EMR for you!